A step-by-step practical guide to use the Command Prompt(CMD) to reformat and clean a usb flash drive
If you are facing issues with your removable pen drive, then the best option is to format the removable drive. You can format your removable usb by two ways. First, you can try through general format. Enter This PC>Right click on your usb drive>Format.
If your drive is not still working properly, then it’s need to be treated in a different way. You will have to use Command prompt option. This is not very tough way if you follow the following steps.
- Plug your Pen drive into your computer/laptop.
- Open Command Prompt as an administrator.
- Type “diskpart” and press Enter.
- Type “list disk” and press Enter.
- Type “select disk [Your disk]” and press Enter.
- Type “clean” and press Enter.
- Type “create partition primary” and press Enter.
- Type “format fs=ntfs” and press Enter
- Type “assign letter=[letter]” and press Enter
- Type “exit” and press Enter
Now, all set. Your removable pendrive format process is done. You can now use your removable pen drive for all uses.